An Arbitration Charter to clarify Arbitrator behavior

Hello,

I generally agree with the charter and glad we have the discussion here and about the fact we have fantastic arbitration team. The rules are very good thought through and I think indexers are generally happy about the level of clarify at this stage. There is a clear evidence for presumption of innocence both in the charter and in the approach used by arbitrators and broader Graph team and the community, which is great!
Although i am generally happy with how things are, I would like to share my view on few points which I believe worth to consider.

1. I would like to agree with @KonstantinRM on the point of slashing based on the indexer’s own stake. My argument is while current mechanism sounds perfectly when it comes to slashing for incorrect query service because of the economical security metrics etc. The indexing rewards does not really depend on the indexer’s self stake and thus it would make more sense to apply slashing on the indexing rewards rather than tie to the % of the stake.
  2. I would like to highlight my observation regarding the recent update of the chapter 9

An exception to this rule is if the allocation being closed was opened before the subgraph bug occurred. In this case, the Indexer may submit the last valid PoI they produced for the subgraph and collect indexing rewards for the allocation.

So the exception to the rule not penalise indexers for the subgraph failure is perfectly fine, but without clarity for how long backwards the last valid PoI should count it created the opposite -the incentive to stay on the failed subgraph for as long as possible.
What is even more worrying, then if such behaviour is supported we may have more precedents and some indexers may even deploy their own subgraphs which they know will fail at some point and signal on them to basically create the exclusive environment for them to enjoy rewards on the subgraph which only they are allowed to submit valid poi as the only allocated before the failure…

Regards,
vict | grassets.tech

3 Likes