Delegators rewards should be withdrawable to a separate address

I haven’t seen much talk about delegation being unattractive specifically due to rewards being stuck behind thawing.

Usually this kind of discussion centers around the collateral being stuck and the current lack of control or known reputations of Indexers and their cuts/behaviour causing a bigger opportunity cost to Delegators who happen to choose bad Indexers (not always their fault, by any means).

Some issues that come to mind on first glance would be:

1. Market volatility - This would likely encourage people to have their eyes and actions focused on the price action of GRT, rather than actions within the network.
  2. It would allow delegators to use their rewards for front-running pending rewards on new or underdelegated Indexers with long open allocations, rather than choosing said Indexer for more long-term reasoning.

There’s possibly more that will come to mind, but those are my first thoughts against it. Other than the fact that we’re 2 months in and changing the system completely seems rash.

One argument against this reasoning may be the current considerations being made to allow Indexers to withdraw their rewards. But i will head that argument off, by reminding all that the current state of that issue is not how The Graph team intended it to be in the first place.

9 Likes