Know Your Indexer #12 | Ellipfra

We are excited to introduce Nuviba team in this segment called “Know Your Indexer” in this 12th edition.

Nuviba is always prepared in The Graph’s communities like Telegram and Discord to help the new delegators and answer any questions regarding the protocol.

Nuviba Interview

Ghostym:

1. How did you get into Blockchain? How long have you been running nodes or participating in the blockchain ecosystem?

Nuviba: It all started with Ethereum in 2016. Back then, most users ran their own node. The first dapp browser (mist) had a built-in Ethereum node, and most people quickly realized that running full nodes would become cumbersome and other solutions appeared. I stuck around and I’ve always been running at least one node ever since. At some point I started operating an Ethereum archive node at home that I used to perform analysis and provide data for research reports with the help of a collection of custom scripts.

Zuni:

1. What was your first experience with The Graph and why did you choose to participate in The Graph ecosystem?

Nuviba: I came across TheGraph in 2019 at EthDenver and found their concept really attractive to analysts and researchers, but I failed to realize how subgraphs could accelerate the development of dapps across all the crypto space by offloading the burden of operating servers and develop back-end software. Then I blinked my eyes and a few months later TheGraph was everywhere, behind all the best new crypto projects! That incredible growth is really telling of vision and capabilities of the initial team.

Ghostym:

1. Did you participate in the Mission Control testnet?

Nuviba: When I heard of Mission Control testnet, I signed up the same day because I was then concerned of the increased reliance on centralized entities to make public blockchain data easily available, and the vision of making it available to all in a decentralized fashion instantly clicked with me. I also saw it as an opportunity to put my experience of running Ethereum archive nodes and my DevOps skills to the benefit of a project I had a lot of admiration for. It was a fun experience, and I was happy with the results.

Zuni:

1. How many indexers do you currently have in mainnet?

Nuviba: I’m running only one indexer currently, which allows me to focus on tuning my infrastructure for the best performance, and refining my strategies.

Ghostym:

1. Are you currently participating in the current testnet?

Nuviba: Yes. It is the perfect playground to try architecture changes, and to test new releases so we can be ready on day 1 on mainnet when there are new releases.

Zuni:

1. How do you stay connected with your delegator community?

Nuviba: I chose not to make regular announcements about allocations and strategy changes because that could create expectations I would not be able to respect in the long term. We are very early in this project and things are changing quickly, and it is in everyone’s interest to remain flexible. Instead, I maintain direct communications with delegators on Telegram, Discord and Twitter where I’m always happy to answer questions.

Ghostym:

1. How many people from your team are participating in The Graph’s community?

Nuviba: Nuviba is an independent indexer, with a team of one. Despite the complexity and broad skills required, it is still possible to run a competitive indexer with a very small team. Hopefully, this will stay this way for a long time, as I believe this is a prerequisite to keep things sufficiently decentralized and guarantee the success of TheGraph.

Zuni:

1. What are you excited about the future of The Graph?

Nuviba: Many projects promise (and many failed) to make infrastructure decentralized, but TheGraph is the only one that has the complete vision to make it happen. TheGraph’s model will be applicable to many other uses.

Ghostym:

1. Which blockchain networks are you excited to index for The Graph?

Nuviba: I’ve been obsessed with Ethereum for a long time, so I’m really looking forward to starting indexing Ethereum L2s, especially Arbitrum and Optimism.

Zuni:

1. Why should delegators choose you?

Nuviba: Nuviba is an indexer that adheres to decentralization ideals, and delegating to us, or other independent indexers, strengthens The Graph’s value proposition. Oh, and we’re proud of the returns that we’ve been able to generate in the first six months of the network.

INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDEXER
Social Networks
Twitter
Telegram
Wallet address: 0x62a0bd1d110ff4e5b793119e95fc07c9d1fc8c4a

If you want to participate in this segment, follow the next steps:

1 . Ask your questions in this post by leaving a comment
2 . You can review the other comments and see the answers directly from the Indexer
3 . Don’t forget to share this with your friends and colleagues to learn about the exciting ecosystem of The Graph ! :man_astronaut: :stars:

5 Likes

Thank you, KYI team :smile:

I’m available for other questions!

1 Like

Big news! Nuviba indexer just became Ellipfra. We have big plans, you’ll hear more from us in the coming months!

2 Likes