Request for information about disputes #GDR-8

Alright, as the fisherman of this dispute, let me make it more clear.

This dispute belongs to a group of disputes:

https://forum.thegraph.com/t/request-for-information-about-disputes-gdr-5/
https://forum.thegraph.com/t/request-for-information-about-disputes-gdr-6/

In which the point is that you have opened the allocation after the subgraph has been broken.
It means that you simply could not generate a valid POI by default and even “Last epoch before a bug” doesn’t work in this case.

According to the community consensus, this is not allowed, otherwise, all indexers would index Omen.
Even guys who agree with you, based on likes, didn’t allocate on this subgraph despite on much higher profit than average.
As you said, you knew about:

1. This subgraph is broken.
  2. Other community members have strong opinions about this.
    You intended to get more profit despite these points and didn’t say publicly, why do you think that it’s ok.

You can’t refer to the different versions of the Arbitration charter as Inflex, because the main point is simple: “All indexers should work honestly”. Arbitration charter just helps to understand what is totally prohibited and what is not so good to do. Did you make your job honest, or did you just rush for a profit with some confidence that it will not be a reason for slashing? I can’t say for arbitrators, but from my point of view, you should be slashed.

The graph team has seen all these discussions in Discord and on the Forum, Brandon and other team members were tagged several times and didn’t say No or Yes. I suggest they leave this question to the community or the arbitrators, avoiding direct answers. This uncertainty was the reason for all of these 3 disputes, we could avoid this situation, with an official position, but we didn’t get it before. Let’s get it here.

If this case is not the reason for slashing, please provide us examples of where POI could be this kind of reason? Because for now, it seems, that we don’t have any possible cases to be slashed for different POIs. Why do we have this type of dispute then? Moreover, any indexer can open an allocation and commit any random POI if it doesn’t represent anything.

As an indexer, you have two money streams: One of them for “indexing”, which you should “Proof” to get Indexer Rewards, and another one for serving queries. The subgraph is broken and you are not “indexing” it, you indexed it more than a month ago, how logically you can provide Proof of Indexing and get Indexer Rewards?

Please, let’s make a final decision here. Both conclusions will be fine. If it’s legal, just clarify this and allow everyone to get these rewards.

2 Likes