Hi Graph community and devs,
I am thinking of creating a desktop GUI for
graph-cli that will transform it to a user-friendly cross platform desktop application.
- Config Complexity: Managing subgraphs on Graph CLI may be challenging for users due to its complexity if a user works on multiple subgraphs at the same time.
- Error Handling: Using CLIs can often be prone to syntax errors and requires a steep learning curve for users unfamiliar with Graph CLI commands.
- Developer Workflows: Without a GUI, managing subgraphs via Graph CLI can be time-consuming and may not integrate smoothly into developers’ workflows, particularly for those connected to graphical interfaces.
Solutions and Benefits
- User-Friendly Management: Graph CLI GUI offers a user-friendly platform to manage subgraphs, thus eliminating the complexity of using CLI, enhancing the developer experience, and making the process accessible to users with varied expertise.
- Intuitive Error Mitigation: By providing actionable error messages and tips with a well-designed error parser, the GUI reduces the likelihood of errors and simplifies troubleshooting.
- Seamless Developer Workflows: The GUI ensures easy integration and management of subgraph operations within Graph CLI developers’ workflows, significantly reducing the time and effort required in CLI interactions.
- Non-Technical Users: Individuals who wish to interact with the Stellar network without navigating the technicalities of a Graph CLI.
- Developers: Those looking to streamline subgraph operation processes and improve efficiency.
- Organizations: Businesses and entities aiming to manage their subgraphs with minimal technical barriers.
If community would value such a project, then I will create a detailed technical scheme, mockups and other specifications of it. This is just a summary of the proposal, and wanted to get feedback from community. Any feedback is appreciated.