Rewarding Longest-Term Protocol Supporters

Let me preface this by saying that I do not intend to be selfish or self-focused, despite the fact that this suggestion would include me as well.

Anyway, without dragging on too long–I have been involved with the protocol since BEFORE day one, as I was one of the original testnet curators. I have been delegating >10k GRT since DAY one as well, and have also served as a mainnet curator recently as well. On top of that, I participated in, and got 3rd place in the very first project meme competition.

The Edge&Node team / Graph team have been super generous to me individually, but I have been thinking recently that I KNOW there are others who have been involved with the protocol just as long as I have / at least for more than a year + now, and I think it’d be a good idea to reward those participants in the network with a nice little surprise.

In this vane, I know that airdrops are often insta-liquidated, which we want to avoid, but what if we did an airdrop for participants in the network for >1 year, >2 years, or something, and vested 50% of the dropped GRT in the delegation contracts or something?
I think this would serve to drive participation even further, would spark a sense of positive perception in the space, and would also help spark a little heightened attention in the space as well.

I would love to hear some thoughts on this + hear if this would be feasible. Thanks for your time!! Keep up the great work folks!!

1 Like