Some simple tips for Small Indexers "How to be more profitable"

My colleagues also asked me to add some info about safety. It’s not about profitability directly, but I agree that it’s really important. So, a little bit more about it.

1. Check your POI (via Poifer: POIFIER - user-friendly tool for verification of indexing data consistency or POI checker: GitHub - p2p-org/graphprotocol-poi-checker: Python script to check POI across multi indexers for defined subgraph). It’s really important because it will show you that the data Indexed by you is consistent with the network. And you don’t have this kind of problem with your Ethereum node. It will also provide you more confidence that you will not be slashed if you worked an honest way.
  2. As an opposite of #5 from “Indexing reward tips”. As I said before it’s quite risky to do like this but what I didn’t say is “how to do it the right way”. A more logical and safe way is off-chain sync potentially interesting subgraphs and only after they will be fully synced → allocate to them. It will protect you from all factors that I listed above in #5.
  3. I also mentioned that you need to calculate everything in #4. But I need to add, that in most cases, for small indexers, it doesn’t make sense to reallocate too often. Because it will be too expensive for you. In most cases, even if some Indexers jump in, the proportion will go down to the average, not lower. So it could be more profitable for you just to stay there till the 26-28 epoch and then jumping to something more profitable (diamonds again :wink: ).
4 Likes