Suspending our participation in the MIPs program

Thank you for taking the time to post this. There are more long-term mainnet Indexers who have privately shared similar frustrations about the program, I respect the bravery of putting it out there in public.

Wavefive has also been “checked out” of the MIPs schedule for some time. This is both for personal health reasons unrelated to the program and due to many of the pain points that Marc-Andre has outlined above. The personal stress is simply not worth it, and every time we do work through the night to hit a MIPs goal, we get burned the next day by some new announcement or another technical issue that has not been considered.

The result is we are mostly absent in helping other Indexers get spun up because we are just doing things on our own schedule. If that fits with MIPs so be it; if not, we no longer get anxious and stressed about it.

I am not entirely sure how we fix this, but what I do know is two things:

1. MIPs project team are humans and trying as best they can. Keep this in mind when you respond.

2. Express your issues and frustrations here, but deliver them with an idea on how to solve the problem. Anyone that cares about MIPs and has found themselves disconnecting due to anxiety, stress, frustration etc. needs to consider contributing to Marc-Andre’s proposal to correct course on MIPs, here

15 Likes