Cost Modelling Workshop

During Indexer Office Hours #3 (replay here) @dancube brought up some questions about cost modelling and specifically the use of Agora.

It would be great if we could have a Cost Modelling Workshop with the creator of Agora, @That3Percent, to get everyone up to speed on where Agora is in terms of features today, and how to use it including:

• Collection of query data using QLog (maybe @lutter would run through this as the creator of QLog?)
  • Processing data so it’s ready for Agora
  • Basic cost models with one limited example (something basic like floating a price on an exchange rate?)
  • Running query data through Agora , understanding the results and iterating upon them

The overall objectives of this workshop would be for participants to come out of the session with the knowledge to:

• Collect their own data using Qlog
  • Sanitise logs for Agora
  • Understand a basic cost model
  • Run models using Agora and return useful results
  • Iterate on the results that Agora provides
10 Likes

Thanks Jim, for raising this.

What you have outlined in your post is exactly what I’d be looking for in such a workshop.

I look forward to attending when it can be set up!

4 Likes

We’ll be setting up a cost model workshop soon.

9 Likes

hey guys, any update on this workshop? really looking forward to this one.

3 Likes

Not yet. I’m working on something first and this will be the next thing I do.

4 Likes

Hi, any estimate for this? It’s a really interesting topic :slight_smile:

I’ve been head down focused on migrating subgraphs to mainnet, and Scalar in particular.

5 Likes

There is now a workshop scheduled for May 13th 8am PST.

Link on Discord

6 Likes

Reminder to everyone, that the Cost Model workshop is happening this Thursday, May 20th, 8am PST.

Zoom link here: Launch Meeting - Zoom

Don’t forget to attend and bring questions!

2 Likes

Recording of the Cost Model Workshop:

5 Likes