In April, GraphOps rolled out several exciting updates to Graphcast SDK and POI Radio! POI Radio now offers a new deployment coverage option, significantly boosting the number of cross-checked deployments within Graphcast Network. Futhermore, we’ve added a shiny new GraphQL API, opening the doors for third-party tools and laying the groundwork for richer data in Grafana. We’ve also made strong R&D progress on our Core Network Substream, with increased indexing performance and broader entity coverage. Last but not least, we’re actively working on Launchpad V2, taking Indexer feedback to heart and ensuring a better experience for our users.
Happy May everyone!
Looking back (what was delivered)
Graphcast (Documentation, SDK Crate, Code, GRC-001)
0.1.1 has landed, supporting new features in POI Radio including Prometheus metrics and a new GraphQL API. See POI Radio below for more information.
Graphcast SDK pull requests merged:
- PR #201: Ensure content topic lock is released
- PR #199, PR #198, PR #194: Release version v0.1.1, Bump version, and New release process
- PR #196: Add Fantom network name
- PR #182: Add GraphQL for messages, server host and port
- PR #177: Parse GRT units and update log levels
- PR #176: Add metrics_host to config
- PR #175: Add e2e test helpers
- PR #184, PR #179, PR #178: Bump dependencies (prometheus-http-query, slack-morphism, ethers)
- PR #193: New release process and changelog script
- PR #173: Fix indexingStatuses GraphQL schema to allow null node
- PR #180: Remove dependabot auto-merge
- Graphcast Registry pull requests merged: None
- Graphcast Registry Subgraph pull requests merged: None
POI Radio (Documentation, Docker Image, Radio Crate, Code)
0.1.1 has landed, adding 3 new features and addressing user feedback we’ve received from Indexers:
- Clearer and more succinct logging
- New deployment coverage configuration, enabling gossip about all actively indexing subgraphs, not just allocated subgraphs. See
COVERAGEin the documentation.
- Refined Prometheus metrics and a new Grafana dashboard. See
METRICS_PORTin the documentation.
- A new GraphQL API that allows querying POI attestations and other Radio state. See
SERVER_PORTin the documentation.
POI Radio pull requests merged:
Project poi-radio (GitHub - graphops/poi-radio: POI Radio monitors subgraph data integrity in real time using Graphcast SDK) git merge log:
- PR #116: Add dumb-init to Docker image
- PR #95: Add GraphQL for comparison results and query arg options
- PR #111: Return empty vec if indexer_allocations function fails
- PR #108, PR #107, PR #105: Release v0.1.1 and v0.1.0
- PR #100: New release process and changelog script
- PR #104: Remove api metrics path
- PR #90: Move integration tests to main repo
- PR #94: Add Grafana dashboard config
- PR #101: Add upx stage to Dockerfile
- PR #92: Add basic http service for health/metrics/graphQL queries
- PR #91: Update for attestation stake f32
- PR #84: Parallel messaging
- PR #87: Check for null node in the code
Network Operations (Core Network Subgraph, Core Network Substreams)
R&D continues on our Core Network Substream implementation
- Increased indexing performance by refactoring the computation graph
- Migrated curation, staking and delegation data to use storage changes
- Refactored modules to use
Core Network Substreams pull requests merged:
- PR #34: Updated the logs_with_calls function.
- PR #30: Refactored the codebase into smaller files.
- PR #28, PR #27, PR #26: Refactored curation, delegation and staking related data using storage changes.
- PR #23: Added issue templates.
- PR #22: Extracted changes to storage of indexer stakes key.
- PR #15: Added curation signalled tokens tracking.
- PR #20: Fixed ordinals of events.
- PR #21: Got rid of all the warnings.
- PR #19: Updated substreams graph.
- Core Network Subgraph pull requests merged: None
- Block Oracle pull requests merged: None
- Recordings and agendas for this month’s Indexer Office Hours are available. Follow updates on Twitter @TheGraphIOH.
Looking ahead (upcoming priorities)
- Graphcast & POI Radio
- Update Grafana dashboard to include a table of all currently tracked deployments
- Release a walkthrough workshop for Indexers to add POI Radio to their stack
- Network Operations
- Continue work on the Core Network Substreams, with our current milestone defined here
- Continue work on the L2 migration, Core Network Subgraphs, and the Epoch Block Oracle
- Launchpad and Kubernetes Tooling
- Continue work on Launchpad V2
- Ecosystem Relations
- Please join the community for Indexer Office Hours (on Tuesday) and Launchpad Office Hours (on Wednesday) every week at 6pm UTC in the Graph Protocol Discord