Know Your Indexer #6 | Sun Tzu

This week we introduce you on the stage of “Know Your Indexer!” Suntzu who is always actively helping the community in our different social network.

We invite you to participate in this open “Know Your Indexer!” segment. Ask as many questions as you like to find out who Suntzu is and why he decided to work in The Graph Network.

If you want to participate, follow the next steps:

1 . Ask your questions in this post by leaving a comment
2 . The second comment will be updated with the “Highlighted Questions” (below this introduction)
3 . You can review the other comments and see the answers directly from the Indexer
4 . Don’t forget to share this with your friends and colleagues to learn about the exciting ecosystem of The Graph ! :man_astronaut: :stars:

INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDEXER

Don’t forget to visit and follow Suntzu on his Twitter
Address: 0x4167eb613d784c910f5dc0f3f0515d61ec6ec8df

5 Likes

Thanks for having me, If there are any other questions feel free to ask them here.

3 Likes

Hi suntzu!

Can I ask you, what changes are you looking forward to coming to the Graph?

We are still in the bootstrapping phase of the network where the playing field is very even for indexers, do you expect this to change? Do you have any strategies you plan to employ for when the network progresses?

Hey @dancube ,
As an indexer, I am looking forward to GIP-0002 being posted on the mainnet. I am also waiting for the next subgraphs and especially the Curator program.
I am spending full-time for the graph to learn more about scale servers to provide best query service

• What excites you most about The Graph?
  • Besides Ethereum, which other blockchain(s) are you most interested in indexing?
  • Are you focused on running one really heavy node, or spreading your indexing infrastructure out across the world in the long run?
4 Likes

Highlited Questions

Ghostym:

1- How did you find out about blockchain?

Sun Tzu:
I have heard about bitcoin since 2013 2014 when the news sites of my country wrote about it but at that time I did not learn it. 2017 was the year I started learning about blockchain.

Zuni:

2- What changes are you looking forward to coming to the Graph?

Sun Tzu:

We are still in the bootstrapping phase of the network where the playing field is very even for indexers, do you expect this to change?

Ghostym:

3- What excites you most about The Graph?

Sun Tzu:
When the subgraphs move completely to the mainnet, I would really expect that to see how indexers like me would serve the network.

Zuni:

4- Besides Ethereum, which other blockchain(s) are you most interested in indexing?

Sun Tzu:
Polkadot , Flow , Near , AVAX and Solona

Ghostym:

5- Are you focused on running one really heavy node, or spreading your indexing infrastructure out across the world in the long run?

Sun Tzu:
My goal is to extend the node across multiple areas to go long run with the graph and now I have spent full time on graph-node doing it.

Zuni:

6- How did you find out about The Graph and why did you decide to participate in the network?

Sun Tzu:
I know about The Graph when I join “Play For Keep” (Keep network) event. I have created 2 subgraphs for Keep Network on Graph ( I was lucky to have won the top 1 with these subgraphs) . Since then I have followed The Graph closely because I know this is a very important project of blockchain.

Ghostym:

7- If you have the opportunity between working on another platform or the graph. Which one would you choose and why?

Sun Tzu:
Always Graphs. I love it.

Zuni:

8- What is your main focus about participating in the network?

Sun Tzu:
Scale server to deliver query quality with the lowest latency and stability.

5 Likes