Notes on IOH #104

Hello, I am getting up to speed and met a few greater indexers. I put together summaries.

If this is redundant please let me know, I’m trying to find where to find the summaries.

The Youtube: https://youtu.be/VaDKMmj6qq0

INDEX OFFICE HOURS

Welcome back to another edition of Index Office Hours. This is the town square for Graph ecosystem participants to discuss the most important topics. Please contribute to the conversation via text in the text box or by unmuting your mic. This session is going to be recorded and available on public channels like YouTube.

ARAGON 2.43

Aragon 2.43 adds first phase of Kaplan, an embeddable consensus layer implementation. Release also removes support for BSE, adds more block snapshots for Bor polygon. If you’re still using a Lighthouse CL still and not trying the new CL at this time or anytime soon.

NETHERMIND 1.17.3 NEW RELEASE

Next release is Nethermind. release number 1718.4. This is a low priority release intended only for nodes that are syncing from scratch. Let us know if you’ve tried this version.

CELLO, PRISM, AND AVALANCHE GO

Next release is Cello and this is version 1.7.4. This includes a fix for the format of headers sent via WebSocket connection. For Prism we have had a new release. This is version 4.0.3. This release has a number of important fixes.

MAINET 4.0.2 RELEASE

This is a high priority release for Mainet users. It fixes an issue which caused excessive CPU usage shortly after the main net capital upgrade. Users on version 4.0.1 or earlier should upgrade as soon as possible. The minimum supported Rust version has been set to 1.68.2.

GRAPH STACK RELEASE 0.16.2

New release on Index Error Service and Agent. G-I-P 51, which is Exponential Query Fee Rebate for indexers. New clarification from Justin regarding curation tax and protocol fees. And with that, this is all I had for this week.

ARBITRARIUM: MIGRATION HELPERS JP 46 & 52

Next up we have JP 46, which is all to migration helpers. There’s an interesting discussion regarding the implications of the migration on existing subgraphs. Next up is a new JP regarding timeline and requirements to increase rewards in all two.

NEXT UP, FORUM RESEARCH. PROTOCOL WATCH.

Next up, forum research. We don’t have any new updates since last Ire. Contracts Repository we have a few chores as well as some testing and new implementations of the exponential rebate. Protocol watch. GF 52 is going to be covered more extensively in a few minutes.

GYP 52 LAUNCH

We’re going to be speaking about Gyp 52. I’m going to share my screen moment. I can show you folks JP 52 and we can quickly go over it. I recommend that you folks give it a read as well, just in case we miss anything today.

MIGRATION FROM L1 TO L2

At some point, we think it makes sense that we should migrate fully to L Two. Because indexing rewards are such a big incentive for indexers. We want to do smooth migration and a smooth rewards shift from a one to two.

MIGRATION TO L2: THE 25% MILESTONE

Pablo: I think Anton makes some really great points around the 25% milestone. Once we’re sort of comfortable at that 25% point, then I feel like the game is more about delegators and curators. How do we maximize the awareness of this program for our indexers?

ON THE NEED FOR DELEGATORS

The council will need to send an onchain transaction. The very important thing missing everywhere is the query fees. What if our customers will still use Ethereum subgraphs instead of arbitrary subs. That’s something that we need to maybe think about what would be a right amount.

MIGRATION TO LAYER 2

The only thing that can drive delegators to move to L two are incentives. Maybe a metric could be some sort of multiplier on the delegation to stake that we can use. I think Extravale Explorer is a great tool for most of the things. Of course, we want to move faster.

DECENTRALIZATION ON ETHEREUM

I believe in open networks so people can decide to port the thing they want. Many teams will be supporting this migration and there are multiple benefits. It’s faster, cheaper, and it’s much easier to interact with the comments. We’ll see how incentives work. But I’m confident that many people will move on.

MIGRATION: SHOULD WE SPLIT THE GIP?

Pablo: I’d like to try to distill this conversation into things we can change on the GIP. The first decision I think we need to make as a group is do we have a delay between the first that the helpers going live and then the first bump in rewards?

ARE THERE ANY BRIDGES ON CONNECT?

There will be a bridge launched by the Graph itself for those who want to have some GRT unstaked on Ethereum and want to bridge it to Arbitrarium. Have we thought about engaging into some bridges just to get better exposure?

LET’S TALK HELPERS GO LIVE!

All right. Maybe we keep the discussion going either on Discord or on the forums. My preference is generally the forums because it’s more sticky and people can keep reading afterwards. But it’s been a pleasure and we look forward to hosting you all again same time next week.

1 Like