Add support for OP Mainnet

If you’re creating a topic here, it means you’re seeking protocol integration for a new data source, according to the Chain Integration Process GIP.

Use of this template is mandatory to start the integration process.
Please fill out placeholders, removing any notes such as this one.

About OP Mainnet

OP Mainnet is a fast, stable, and scalable L2 blockchain built by Ethereum developers, for Ethereum developers.

How OP Mainnet works
Contracts

dApps deployed / active users
L1/L2 Economics

Contact Information

I’m the Infrastructure Partnerships Manager at OP Labs.

Graph Node integration

The chain is a standard op-stack based EVM chain and should work with no further changes on the graph ecosystem.

RPC node: https://mainnet.optimism.io

Integration with Subgraph Studio or alternatives

We can provide an RPC endpoint and key for subgraph studio.

Indexer Documentation

All Node Operator info can be found here:

& Images, and data directories can be found here

5 Likes

Hi, @Marine - thanks for opening up the thread here.

Because Optimism was a chain we tried integrating during the MIPs program (happened during Optimism bedrock upgrade), we currently still have 3 Indexers running an Optimism archive node, and we’re in the process of ensuring data consistency is there by comparing POIs. Optimism is also currently supported on the Studio, so this means we’re effectively well advanced with Stage 2 out of 3. :slight_smile:

We’ll ensure we share the subgraphs we’re testing with other Indexers to have a larger sample (joining the other 3 Indexers). I’ll update you here once we have this data.

If we need technical support, would it be possible for you to nominate one person to join our Discord #testnet-indexers and #indexers channels, please? I’m sure Indexers would appreciate having someone able to troubleshoot issues they may encounter, which will ultimately help with the whole integration process.

Thanks again!

4 Likes

Hi @Pedro, thank you for your prompt update. Sounds great, in parallel I have joined the discord and anyone who’s having technical issues can tag me: @mariniere.eth and I will liaise with our devrel / eng team to get it resolved ASAP.

Very much appreciate the support of the Graph community to get OP Mainnet supported on the Graph’s decentralized network.

Cheers!

4 Likes

@Marine and all, I want to share a general update that, thanks to the InfraDAO team, we’ve finally concluded our POI analysis on Optimism subgraphs and will be sharing the results with the Council within the next 24h. Pending Council approval, mainnet support should come ~2 days afterwards.

We’re close!

5 Likes

I’m closing this thread now that we have official protocol support (:tada: ).
Thank you, @Marine and the whole team, for such a smooth collaboration and the continuing support of our Indexers!

We’re now working on ensuring Indexers have access to the documentation on how to serve Optimism mainnet. A lot of progress has been made already.

2 Likes