Graph Protocol Decentralized Network Visualization

Just wanted to share something that I have been working on as a part of my grant :nerd_face:

Visit: https://www.the-graph.network/ to see it in action.

Any feedbacks/suggestions are welcomed :slight_smile:

PS: I am working on adding Profile links for each node

9 Likes

Hi, @KingSuper good job!
I think it will be helpful if:

1. Add real % for Reward cut and Query cut, based on effective %. You can find an example at graphscan.io.
  2. Add checkboxes to legend for each categories Indexers, Delegators, Curators, Subgraph. Actually, it will be even better if you add not just checkboxes, but filter\selection. For the case when I want to see everyone who works with a particular subgraph for example.
  3. Maybe start with fewer details, because for now, it loads quite long. It will be better to load the main info in the beginning and load everything else in the background.
1 Like

Thank you for making this, and props for having it on ipfs too. I love visualizations like this, makes it easy to pick out insights you can’t see on paper.

I am interested to know if you have any plans to upgrade to a more performant engine for the rendering? Something GPU accelerated? If such an option existed, I would certainly find it much easier to explore the data with a reasonable fps, zoom in and out etc.

It would also be amazing, and I imagine this is a much more complex objective, to be able to replay the state of the network over time, watch how it changes over time. I would love to be able to see that.

2 Likes

Replay the entire state would be an interesting feature for sure, but for that I will need to implement some datastore, which would store the snapshots of the network and has to poll the subgraph APIs. Right now its using the network subgraph, not sure if something like that could be built just on the top of subgraph APIs.

Thanks for the suggestion @cryptovestor will definitely consider it :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks @KonstantinRM for suggestions

Filtering is an definitely an interesting feature, right now you can hover over any node to view all of its connected nodes (the edges get highlighted), that provides some sort of filtering as of now :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: