Indexing rewards past 28 epochs

Hello, sorry if this is a duplicate question. I feel like it was answered in Discord at one point but I couldn’t find. Do indexers still get rewards past 28 epochs? Does it eat into next allocations if they stay open past?

3 Likes

Edited, see my response below.

3 Likes

Thanks. So really the only difference is it will be subject to be closed as 0x0 POI?

2 Likes

There is a 28 epoch cap used in the math to determine how many query fees the indexer can claim on an allocation, however Indexer Rewards continue to accrue past 28 epochs.

Someone may be able to correct me on this, but I don’t see any logic in the takeRewards and _calcRewards function does not have any logic to limit Indexer Rewards to 28 epochs.

2 Likes

Right, my bad, @DataNexus is right! I spent so much time lately thinking about query fees and rebates that I completely misread the question.

To clarify, yes, indexing rewards continue to accrue past the 28 epochs (however as you note @PaulieB you are at risk of the allocation being closed with 0x00 POI). I’ll edit my previous response so it doesn’t confuse people reading this in the future.

6 Likes

Is this in the docs and I missed it? If not would this be a topic perhaps to add? It seems to come up from time to time with delegators and maybe also good for newer indexers to know for sure.

2 Likes