Introducing The Graph’s Technical Advisory Board

Abstract

To scale research and development efforts of The Graph, The Graph Council is establishing a Technical Advisory Board (“TAB”), whose responsibility is to support core contributors to accelerate R&D efforts by collaborating with The Graph Council and the wider ecosystem in reviewing technical plans, proposals, and implementations.

Motivation

Making decisions about the development of The Graph requires deep technical understanding across a wide range of subject areas from smart contracts to devops to data engineering. While The Graph’s core contributors have significant expertise in these areas and actively participate in GIP development, introducing a formal mechanism in the form of a TAB will make the process of GIP review more thorough, and increase the confidence of the community and The Graph Council in approving more technical proposals and software upgrades when they reach the final review stage.

High Level description

The TAB will have the following responsibilities:

• Reviewing GIPs and Graph Node upgrades (including all indexer-stack software)
  • Supporting the R&D process and helping to facilitate GIPs
  • Supporting The Graph Council in answering technical questions
  • Supporting The Graph Foundation in assessing and awarding technical grants
  • Reporting and providing updates to The Graph ecosystem
  • Confirming transaction details and integration details with The Graph Foundation and smart contracts teams to ensure security and completion
  • Reviewing code and changelog details with core contributors
  • Coordinating with The Graph Foundation and core contributors on executing technical upgrades

Detailed Specification

Goals

• To support The Graph core developers and Graph Council in implementing technical upgrades, protocol improvements, and R&D (ie. working with the Roadmap Working Group).
  • To conduct due diligence, reviews, and provide feedback on GIPs and proposed upgrades.
  • To conduct thorough reviews, preparation of multisig transactions, double checking and confirmation of all information in transactions for GIPs reviewed by the Graph Council.
  • To coordinate with the Graph Council on GIPs once sufficiently reviewed, share feedback with the Graph Council and support the end-to-end process of GIP approval.
  • To provide non-binding feedback, advice, and input to the Graph Council on GIPs.
  • To contribute to improving the technical upgrade process alongside core developers. Examples:
    • Protocol upgrades
    • Indexer-stack software (indexer-agent, etc)
    • Data services to be supported on the network
    • Feature support matrix of graph-node

TAB Structure

The Board will start with 6 members, with the potential to expand once the TAB has demonstrated utility.

TAB Members

The Board will have responsibilities that require specific subject matter expertise in order to fulfill board responsibilities. It is expected that members:

• Are experts in the GIPs and GRPs process
  • Understand the different technical components of The Graph tech stack
  • Understand how the protocol works on a technical level
  • Actively participate in the network
  • Can communicate fluently in English, verbally and in writing. This is required to ensure board members can communicate their research to the Council, and also to the broader community in different channels (meetings, office hours, Forum posts)
  • Have time availability to fulfill the commitment required to successfully support The Graph Council and flexibility to accommodate times when The Council summons the TAB

Membership Process

• Community members nominate themselves or others for the TAB in the Forum via a standardized application template, similar to that which has been implemented in other web3 protocol communities (ie. Delegate roles in governance processes).
  • Nomination will be open till Friday Oct 20, 2023
  • The Graph Council, in collaboration with The Graph Foundation, determines a shortlist of candidates that will be interviewed by representatives from The Foundation or Council. Once The Council has decided on the first members of the TAB, they will be announced.

While determination of the members of the TAB will ultimately be at The Graph Council’s discretion, key factors The Council will consider include R&D due diligence, community feedback and contributions to The Graph to date.

Compensation for TAB members

It is anticipated that TAB members will dedicate a reasonable amount of time and effort to their board activities. This is a serious commitment that will include interaction several times a month with other board members and core contributors. TAB members will receive a grant for their contribution and commitment.

Structure for nomination

If you’d like be considered by as a potential candidate, please reply to this Forum thread following this template:

• Full Name.
  • I am nominating myself or someone else.
  • Address or ENS used to participate in the network (specify all of them).
  • Discord username.
  • Forum username.
  • Email/Telegram for contact for an interview.
  • Why do you want to nominate yourself (or the person you are nominating)?
  • Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise.
  • Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision.
  • What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why.
  • Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.
  • Any additional information you would like to include as part of your, or your nominee’s, application.

TAB Expectations

Meeting Cadence

Members of the TAB will meet on an as-needed basis, but at least once per month, with meetings scheduled by a TAB lead or Foundation representative. The TAB will also have async communications with each other, core developers, and Council members. Additionally, The Graph Council can summon members of the TAB to join Council meetings when needed or if an emergency decision arises that requires attention.

Communications

Members of the TAB should expect frequent communication with various core contributors to R&D, The Council and The Foundation, especially when supporting technical decisions, providing feedback, reviewing security or supporting the GIP process.

32 Likes

Hello everybody, I’d like to nominate Derek from DataNexus

• Name: Derek DataNexus (probably not his legal last name :blush:)
  • I am nominating myself or someone else.
  • ENS: datanexus.eth
  • Discord username: derekdatanexus
  • Forum: @DataNexus
  • Email/Telegram for contact for an interview: Via DMs for privacy reasons
    Derek is a long standing member of The Graph community that has proven himself as an exceptional collaborator.
  • Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise.
    My nomination goes to him especially because he combines entrepreneurial skills, technical skills as an indexer but also strong subgraph developer skills. As the director of Graph BuildersDAO he is actively engaged at the forefront with technical support and tailored subgraph development. This combination is very rare and therefore
  • Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision. I let @DataNexus chime in here
  • What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why.: I let @DataNexus chime in here
  • Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.:
    • Running the indexer which serves the most paid queries across the ecosystem on Ethereum and Arbitrum: datanexus-indexer.eth
    • Active part of Graph AdvocatesDAO
    • Director of Graph BuildersDAO
    • A house hold name on Discord when it comes to questions about The Graph
    • @DataNexus might have more to add here
  • Any additional information you would like to include as part of your, or your nominee’s, application.
21 Likes

Thanks for the nomination. I would love to participate in this!

• Name: Derek Meyer
    • The Graph is leading the industry in making blockchain data available. Since it is permissionless and open source, it will attract collaborations to innovate faster than a centralized competitor. I would love to contribute this innovation to release new services and assist with protocol integration.
  • What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why.:
    • The service I feel like I could be most helpful on is providing SQL as a service for those that want to be able to run more complex computations - especially if different schema could be joined together to make cross subgraph queries (this is really easy to do in the db)
    • I think the most impactful service to improve web3 UX will be incorporating a socket service where substreams can push data directly to an app.
  • Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.:
    • In addition to the items Simon has posted: I have also helped provide technical support at events (such as hackathons)
    • Prior to starting Data Nexus, I worked as a database administrator. This experience has lent itself particularly well in optimizing our indexer and assisting subgraph developers.
24 Likes
  • Full Name: Naruto11

• I am nominating myself

• Address or ENS: naruto11.eth

• Discord username: naruto11

• Forum username: naruto11

• Email/Telegram for contact for an interview: naruto11eth

• Why do you want to nominate yourself: I have been in the Graph community for a while now. For someone who is good with rust, graphql and similar tech, I think I will be a great asset to The Graph.

• Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise: I have built multiple web3 projects from NFTs to Lens modules. I am a cofounder for a startup based in India. We are also building a project that incorporates Graph and it’s tech and will be a great product for web3 in general.

• Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision: I really like to think of Graph as the google of web3. Currently the web3 itself is evolving, and once it is adopted by the masses, I believe that Graph will be one of the biggest company to procide data availability services. I will bring my values so that I can help more and more devs buiild faster products.

• What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why: One of my ideas is always to actually make the Graph faster. To do this, we’d require a multiple different things and more expertise, but currently the Graph can be improved more. Similarly, I think SQL and NoSQL can be a great asset if they can be implemented in someway to query through.

• Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date: I have been a supporter for the Graph for a long time. I am part of Graph Advocates and we have planned multiple bootcamps across India to teach 500+ university students about Graph and how to build using it.

• Any additional information you would like to include as part of your, or your nominee’s, application: My expertise is very widespread. I work as a senior software engineer. I have had research in ML/AI projects, and I have production level experience in web3 projects.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/naruto11eth

6 Likes

Hello everyone, hope you are all feeling good.
I want to nominate Abhay Singh (@napolean) from the well respected DappLooker team :brick:

• Full Name: Abhay Singh

• I am nominating myself or someone else: someone else

• Address or ENS used to participate in the network: dapplooker.eth

• Discord username: Abhay | dapplooker.eth

• Forum username: napolean

• Email/Telegram for contact for an interview:

Abhay is a constant presence in The Graph protocol from the early days, fully committed 100% to the ecosystem’s growth, leading a team of builders active in so many fronts of the ecosystem, from indexing, to development, analytics, and also active present in the forum. Not to mention his high reputation and integrity that made him a beacon in the community.

• Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise:

• Subgraph and Substream developer.
    • Proficient in the Graph core stack, providing technical support and on-demand analytics for the Graph community.
    • Active member of GraphBuildersDAO.
    • Experienced as a Graph protocol indexer on both Ethereum and Arbitrum.
    • Skilled in subgraph and substream analytics and visualizations, leveraging tools like Graphlooker and DappLooker.
  • Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision:

• The Graph serves as the foundational data layer of Web3. The indexing protocol is network-agnostic and already supports 39+ different networks. It is decentralized, permissionless, and contributes significantly to the innovation in the Web3 space. I believe the full potential of graph is yet to come and would like to contribute towards graph adoption and success.
  • What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why:

• SQL as a Data Service: Refer to the detailed proposal
    • Cross-Protocol Data Indexing in a Subgraph: Enabling seamless data access across various blockchain networks and layer-2 solutions promotes interoperability and simplifies the development of multi-protocol applications.
  • Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date:

• Active participation as a Graph protocol indexer on both Ethereum and Arbitrum.
    • Ongoing involvement as a member of Graph BuildersDAO.
    • Demonstrated expertise in subgraph and substream analytics, with practical applications through DappLooker and GraphLooker
    • Participation in technical spaces and workshops at Graph protocol events in association with Graph India and others.

• One of the earliest subgraph developers, with an award in the first Graph hackathon held in 2019.
    • Previous experience in startups and database scaling projects.
    • Held the position of Director, leading a business analytics team in DappLooker.

To @napolean: feel free to add more context, in case I missed something.
Have a great day everyone :sunny:

21 Likes

Dear Community,
Dear Paolo,

I would like to second this nomination for Abhay Singh (@napolean) and express my full agreement with all the points mentioned. Abhay has unquestionably proven to be a driving force within The Graph ecosystem and plays a vital role in promoting and supporting the community in various ways.

Abhay’s engagement in The Graph’s Telegram communities is particularly noteworthy. His support and activity in these forums have been instrumental in helping many of us connect, exchange information, and collaborate on advancing the ecosystem together.

In many ways, Abhay has contributed to making The Graph what it is today, and I look forward to seeing his continued dedication and efforts within the ecosystem.

Best regards,
Andy Schreiber / The Graph Germany

11 Likes

Hello everybody, my name is Facundo Spagnuolo and I’d love to nominate myself.

I wanted to express my wholehearted support for the proposal to establish The Graph’s Technical Advisory Board. As an active user and contributor to The Graph ecosystem, I believe this initiative represents a significant step forward in enhancing the network’s robustness and overall capabilities.

Views on The Graph’s vision

I share The Graph’s vision of creating a decentralized and open data indexing protocol that empowers developers to build applications without relying on centralized intermediaries. I believe in the importance of enabling efficient data retrieval in a trustless and decentralized manner, and I’m committed to making this vision a reality.

Next data service The Graph should add to the protocol

I suggest that The Graph should consider integrating support for real-time data feeds. Real-time data is becoming increasingly crucial for dApps, DeFi, and various other applications. By adding this capability, The Graph could position itself as a fundamental infrastructure provider for a wide range of real-time data-driven applications.

Contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date

• Subgraphs Development: During my time at Aragon, Balancer, and now as Mimic CTO, I’ve actively developed and maintained more than 20 subgraphs for decentralized applications and DeFi projects, adding value to the ecosystem.

• Community support: I’ve provided support and guidance to new users and developers in all the projects I collaborated with. I gave introductory presentations and best practices workshops to many of them.

• Feedback and bug reporting: I’ve reported issues, provided feedback, and suggested improvements based on my user experience, contributing to the network’s continuous improvement.

Contact information

Github: facuspagnuolo
Forum: facuspagnuolo
Twitter: facuspagnuolo
Discord: facuspagnuolo
Telegram: @facuspagnuolo

10 Likes

I have been working with Abhay closely for more than a year, getting to know his understanding of 1) running an Indexer, 2) building and using subgraphs for DappLooker in production, and 3) building a business with data powered by The Graph. I’ve consistently been impressed with his drive and respect for The Graph.

13 Likes

Dear Graph Council members and Graph Community, I would like to hereby nominate myself as a candidate to the TAB.

Full Name: Marc-André Dumas
I am nominating myself or someone else: myself
Address or ENS used to participate in the network (specify all of them): ellipfra.eth, ellipfra-indexer.eth
Discord username: ellipfra
Forum username. ellipfra
Email/Telegram for contact for an interview: ma@ellipfra.com
Why do you want to nominate yourself (or the person you are nominating)? As an Indexer, I’ve observed the escalating complexity of the Graph network over the past 3 years. The array of design choices and their interconnections have become more intricate. In my opinion, the introduction of the TAB will help address the blind spots of the Council and Core teams. I believe I can contribute valuable insights, particularly in pinpointing challenges faced by indexers

Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise:

• Smart Contract Integration and Lifecycle: Experience in promoting integration of a DeFi protocol at the smart contract (SC) level, front-ends, analytics, and other platforms. Education and support for each integration phase and coordinate upgrades and changes with partners.
  • Oracles and bridges: Previously led a development team managing and operating an Oracle stack, as well as an oracle-based Fast-withdrawal L2 Bridge.
  • System Engineering: Before crypto, designing complex systems in various industries
  • Graph Indexing: Operating a mid-size Graph indexer, building a broad understanding of the various components of the technical aspects of the system (smart contracts, oracles, front-ends, gateways).

Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision.: The Graph should always keep its long-term goals in mind, especially the exciting idea of query verifiability. When this is fully developed, it will bring new possibilities for The Graph, many of which we haven’t thought of yet, not just for The Graph, but also beyond Web3. We might have some ideas now, but there’s so much more that could come from it in the future.

What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why: There is a short term need to integrate firehose and substreams data services, allowing small and upstart indexers to bring substreams-powered-subgraphs online, relying on a diverse and competitive pool of providers, and at term, each able to prove the correctness of the data they are serving. The multiplication of supported chains make this a pressing topic.

Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.:

• Since the network’s Mission Control phase, I’ve been operating a mid-sized indexer. I’m dedicated to offering high-quality QoS for query users, demonstrating that decentralized networks can surpass the quality of centralized services.
  • I’m consistently active on Discord and the Forums, aiding new indexers, sharing insights from my experience, and expressing my views on matters I deeply care about, such as decentralization.
23 Likes

Strongly in support of Marc-Andre’s application, having interacted with him over years and benefited from his expertise in the Web3 space; he brings thoughtful opinions and is willing to share them in public.

18 Likes

I am also strongly in support of Marc-Andre’s application.

His indexer recently passed Data Nexus in total query fees on ETH + Arb making him the most productive indexer on the network.

His experience and perspective will be helpful to the ecosystem as new services and programs are released.

19 Likes

I also want to lend a +1 in favour of Marc. He has a broad skill-set and his experience with The Graph in particular goes all the way back to Mission Control. He’s remained engaged and dedicated to contributing within the Indexer community ever since those days. He’s also proven himself during that time as the type to not shy away from difficult, necessary, technical discussions.

In addition i would add a further +1 to Derek’s nomination. In the time that DataNexus has been on the scene in the Graph ecosystem he’s built a team and an impressively sized indexer/business, in an environment where we often especially suffer from ‘sticky’ delegations, which makes this harder to achieve. He’s also been a consistently active contributor and participant in the Indexer community. I also believe his skillset will be a valuable addition, as his experience and expertise stretches towards areas that are (from observation) often outside of that of the majority of Indexers.

15 Likes

I would like to nominate Juan from GraphOps

• Full name: Juan Manuel Rodríguez Defago

• Discord username juanmardefago

• Forum username @juanmardefago

• Why do you want to nominate Juan?
    As an engineer and researcher participating in the development of the protocol and its products since the early days, Juan has a wealth of technical and ecosystem knowledge that would be invaluable to the TAB.

• Please list your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise.
    Juan is Research and Development Lead at GraphOps, a Graph Protocol Core Development Team. He has significant experience as a developer working on the protocol, with specific expertise in subgraph R&D. Being an early participant in the protocol’s development, Juan has thought through hard technical topics in the open, helping steer conversation on complex research. In my opinion, the TAB requires members that will be proactive and capable of driving agenda and change; I think that Juan is one of a handful of people with a proven track record of contribution and qualified to meet those requirements.

• Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision. @juanmardefago can add his thoughts here

• What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why. @juanmardefago can add his thoughts here

• Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date. @juanmardefago can add his accolades here.

• Any additional information you would like to include as part of you, or your nominee’s, application. juanmardefago (Juan Manuel Rodriguez Defago) · GitHub

20 Likes

Thanks @cryptovestor for the nomination!

Filling in the blanks:

The Graph aims to provide access to data through a decentralized, permissionless and trustless marketplace. The decentralization element of this goal is often overlooked or incorrectly valued until it actually matters. Creating and maintaining a decentralized marketplace for the most important resource of this century is one of the most meaningful workstreams that anyone can get to take part in, so I’m pretty pumped to be working on contributing even more towards that goal.

• What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why.
    This is one is a bit tricky, given my work at GraphOps I’m quite convinced that one of the most impactful (in the sense of how big the market for this data service is) would be the File Data Service, given it’s pretty much unlimited potential due to files being… well, generic, so I’m kind of biased towards that one, but I do see it as one that requires quite a bit of polishing in a few areas to be able to go live (both technical and non-technical).
    With that said, in a more realistic approach, I’d say RPC data services would be probably ideal currently, due to them being the most easily added, given it’s the data service that’s closest to how subgraphs work, and thus, should be the easiest to add currently.

• Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.
    My contributions are mostly on the subgraph development and maintenance side of things, being the lead developer/maintainer of most (if not all) the network subgraphs ever since the late stages of Mission Control (that includes Core Network Subgraph, Analytics subgraph, Activity feed subgraph, QoS data subgraph, amongst others)
    I’ve also worked on multiple subgraph implementations for different protocols onboardings to The Graph, such as Loopring, Augur v2, Compound governance, UMA and many more.
    Outside of subgraph development, I’ve also been contributing to research discussions, smart contract development, running a segment for protocol information at IOH and doing presentations for events (such as ETH Latam side events, ETH Uruguay and ETH Argentina) within the graph ecosystem.

19 Likes

To avoid spreading my +1’ing too thin, i’d like to give my final and strongest +1 to Juan’s nomination. :fire:

I think that Juan’s nomination is possibly a very unique case where there isn’t really too much need for me to say a whole lot about how valuable he is, or how blessed we are to have him as a contributor. Myself and many others have already felt this way over the years, and always advocated for his deeper involvement since the early days of mainnet, whenever there came about an opportunity to increase his role(s!) within The Graph.

We’re most fortunate that he found a home nowhere other than with one of our Core dev teams, GraphOps (lovely bunch, by the way! :smiling_face: ), and the TAB would be very lucky to have him on board!

13 Likes

It’s wonderful to see so many talented people stepping up and applying to be part of the TAB. I would particularly like to express my support for both Marc-Andre and Juan’s nominations. My observations of these two individuals and the interactions I have had directly with them over the last few years leave me in no doubt that they are exceptional assets to the ecosystem. Their deep knowledge of the protocol, coupled with their technical acumen will be invaluable in propelling The Graph forward.

12 Likes

Thank you for the nomination @hornelson, @Bitcoin.zpt, and @kyleArojas!

As mentioned in my previous nomination, my journey with The Graph has been both inspiring and enlightening. I believe in the potential of The Graph’s protocol and its critical role in shaping the future of Web3.

Being deeply involved with The Graph in various capacities indexer, subgraph/substream developer, subgraph powered analytics, I’m excited about the opportunity to work closely with the core developers and the core protocol stack. The possibilities ahead, such as SQL as a Data Service and Cross-Protocol Data Indexing in a Subgraph, along with other services mentioned are areas I’m passionate about and eager to contribute to.

Once selected, I look forward to working collaboratively to bring The Graph’s vision to life.

8 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m proud to nominate Thierry Bleau, Co-founder and COO of Playgrounds Analytics!

• Name: Thierry Bleau
  • Discord: 0xjoblo
  • Twitter: @0xJoBlo
  • Contact Email: thierry@playgrounds.network

Reason for Nomination:

Thierry’s nomination for The Graph Network’s technical advisory board is a reflection of his steadfast commitment and significant contributions to the blockchain community. His dedication to enhancing the value of the Graph Network for blockchain data consumers, particularly in analytics, is evident in his active participation in the Curator program and his innovative work as the co-founder of Playgrounds. His receipt of multiple Graph grants further attests to his technical expertise and innovative thinking. In essence, Thierry’s technical acumen, commitment to the Graph Network, and proven ability to drive innovation make him an exemplary candidate for the technical advisory board.

Moreover, Thierry’s integrity, compassion, and can-do attitude uniquely position him as an excellent nominee for the board. I’m confident in his potential to impact the board positively, and I eagerly anticipate the positive ripple effects he’ll induce in the graph ecosystem.

Skills and Expertise:

Thierry’s deep expertise in defi protocols and smart contracts, particularly in interpreting, modeling, and analyzing smart contract activity, positions him as a valuable asset for the technical advisory board. His proficiency in designing and implementing substreams that meet specific objectives, coupled with his fluency in data Science and analytics, provides him with unique insights into the use cases for blockchain data. Moreover, his passion for providing the best possible experience when working with subgraph data demonstrates his product-focused approach.

These combined skills and areas of expertise make him an ideal candidate for the technical advisory board, as they align with the board’s objectives of enhancing the functionality, efficiency, and usability of the Graph Network.

Views on The Graph’s Vision:
[To be provided by Thierry]

Recommended Data Service for The Graph:
[To be provided by Thierry]

Contributions to The Graph Ecosystem:

• Participant in the Graph Curator program
  • Graph Foundation Grantee for the development of Subgrounds
  • member of the Graph Builders DAO
  • GRT Delegator
  • Dedicated to Enhance access to the Decentralized Network as co-founder of Playgrounds Analytics

Additional Information:

Prior to co-founding Playgrounds, Thierry founded Protean Labs, a grantee focused on developing tools and infrastructure atop the graph.

18 Likes

Hi, everyone, hope you are doing well. I want to nominate myself to join this.

• Full Name: Jonathan Zy

• I am nominating myself.

• Address: 0x335FbfE1C7b72E3e3237402B843A7668BCE39d16

• Discord username: Jonathan | BytesIO#9554

• Forum username: Jonathanzy

• Email/Telegram for contact for an interview: zyjonathanfly@gmail.com

• Why do you want to nominate yourself? I am data engineer and dived into web3 since 2018, and I am also Wave 1 Grantee of The Graph to foster the building of Chinese Subgraph dev Community, We have 312+ dev in our Wechat group now. and I am also Graph AdvocatesDAO member.

• Please list yours, or your nominee’s, skills and areas of expertise: I am Solidity and python dev and focusing on the Web3 area now. We also have a software company(BytesIO) in Asia which mainly build Smart contracts and Subgraph for people.

*** Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision.** Firstly, I think web3 already transit the computer model to a decentralized way from Web2, and the users expanding now, The Graph buidling a good cross-chain data infrastructure now, I think it will be very useful for the data nerd and people want to do the Data economy in Web3

*** What’s the next data service you, or your nominee’s, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why.** I think we are all focusing on developers who can build Subgraph and fetching more valuable from blockchain for now, But I think the most important thing is we can add the end user tool for normal people also can use them to fetch the data they want. Liek as a normal user without Dev skills, I can use something like Google search bar to fetch the data I want from a specific Subgraph, and if they can also make Dashboard for analytics, that will be very awesome!

• Please provide yours, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date. I have building the Asian Community and We have 312+ dev WeChat group now, and as a Graph AdvocatesDAO member, I also help to foster the Ecosystem, and host events in Asian.

*** Any additional information you would like to include as part of your, or your nominee’s, application.** Really want to join and work with talented people to change the Data Economy together, and move The Graph and Web3 industry forward. Let’s make the magic happend together.

6 Likes

Hey everyone, Ryabina indexer here. We want to nominate Ilia Groshev, CTO of Ryabina.

Full Name: Ilia Groshev
Address or ENS used to participate in the network (specify all of them):
ryabina.eth

Discord username: zkchn

Forum username: grshv

Email/Telegram for contact for an interview: ilia@ryabina.io/Telegram: Contact @grshv

Why do you want to nominate yourself (or the person you are nominating)?

Ilya is one of the community members who has deep expertise in The Graph protocol software stack.

As an engineer, he has been through a great journey with The Graph:

• Successfully participated with Ryabina in Mission Control Testnet.

• Has managed indexers’ infrastructure for Ryabina for a few years.

• Has developed graphscan.io and subgraphs for it.

• Participated in the development of poifier.io.

• Integrated web3alert.io & graphscan.io, offering community notifications based on subgraphs.

Please list your nominee’s skills and areas of expertise.

• Ilia has huge experience in full-stack web development for fintech in the past.

• In crypto since 2016.

• CTO/DevOps/RnD in Ryabina validator and web3alert.io from the beginning of 2019, so he has a bunch of widespread hard skills related to the whole crypto industry.

• Managing dozens of validators in a dozen of networks.

Yours, or your nominee’s, views on The Graph’s vision.

Functioning blockchain with recoverable and verifiable state and history is the first priority of any blockchain. Blockchain developers focus mainly on the speed and security of their products, but users and blockchain clients (dApps) need data in the form that they want. Data indexing is a must-have technology, so The Graph Protocol has secured the future. But there is no end to innovations and the team should continue to develop new features and polish existing

What’s the next data service you, or your nominee, think The Graph should add to the protocol, and why?
The rollup-centric future of Ethereum is bringing us new entities like separated DA layers. Seems that it is good to have direct access to them in some form in the future. Also, cross-chain/rollup messaging is becoming more and more routine, so it may be good to have some kind of abstraction over them for subgraph developers.

Please provide your, or your nominee’s, contributions to The Graph ecosystem up to date.

https://graphscan.io/ - managing, devops, subgraph development

https://poifier.io - attempt to resolve POI-related issues for indexers

• Multiple high APR indexers in mainnet and arbitrum

web3alert.io/thegraph-arbitrum - notifications for The Graph

11 Likes