Know Your Indexer #2 | Stake-Machine

Highlited Questions

Ghostym:

Tell us a bit about you, when did you join the blockchain world and how did you start at the graph?

Stake-machine:
Once I left from hosting company and was looking for something new. One of my colleagues offered to participate in a hackathon that had blockchain involved, rewards were paid in ETH, and that how this journey has begun.

Zuni:

1- You mention utilizing GraphQL for your original idea of a blockchain explorer. Do you know who created it?

Stake-machine:
GraphQL was born at Facebook in 2012 and later open sourced in 2015. More details about GraphQL could be found at https://graphql.org

Ghostym:

2- What’s your technical background?

Stake-machine:
I have more than 15 years of experience in the hosting field, passed the path from a support engineer to the product owner, and launched lots of different hosting services from bare-metal with auto-provisioning to cloud computing.

Zuni:

3- What’s your over-arching thesis for Web3?

Stake-machine:
Web3 - decentralize all the things with the help of open interconnected data.

Ghostym:

4- How did you hear about The Graph? What determined you to join the mission control testnet?

Stake-machine:
As I mentioned before, I had an interest in GraphQL in general and when was looking for available solutions for GraphQL Blockchain Explorers then I found out The Graph. All interesting for me technologies and also incentivized, how not to join?

Zuni:

5- Do you have a demographic chart for your Dashboard visitors?

Stake-machine:
Yes, the most traffic is from US and from me :smiley:

Ghostym:

6- Are you planning to continue iterating on your dashboard, perhaps adding new features, etc? If so, what would they be?

Stake-machine:
The network is still bootstrapping, so dashboards will evolve with the network. We applied for a grant to make it open-source, so everybody can build their own versions of dashboards and have their own copy of historical data.

Ideas for features:

• comparison charts
  • dynamics dashboard (weekly/monthly/yearly)

Also, there is a lot of refactoring that needs to be made because some decisions were made in a hurry.

5 Likes