Know Your Indexer #20 | Maple Nodes

We are excited to introduce Maple Nodes team in this new “ Know Your Indexer ” segment in this 20th edition.

This team is always ready to answer and help their delegators in any aspect they need and willing to collaborate with the education of the community.

Maple Nodes interview

Ghosthym:

1. How did you get into Blockchain? How long have you been running nodes or participating in the blockchain ecosystem?

Maple Nodes team: I actually stumbled into the blockchain scene very unexpectedly. It was 2014 and I was at a pub with some friends where I was introduced to a new acquaintance. He began to tell me about Bitcoin and how he’s mining it. Being the tech nerd I am, I went home and researched what this Bitcoin was. It wasn’t long for me to purchase an additional GPU to start mining. Unfortunately I was a broke college student and could only afford a used HD 5770 GPU. Bitcoin mining was off the table, so I dove into Litecoin and other pooled mining. Funny enough this used 5770 is still in use today, with no issues, in a buddies old desktop.

From there I got involved in some blockchain projects where I was a paid contributor conducting UAT, QA/QC and documentation work. During the course of this project I was exposed to running and operating 100’s of Bitcoin-based clients and other nodes such as ETH, XMR, EOS and NEO. After moving on from that project, I got involved with The Graph and now 8 years later here we are.

Zuni:

1. What was your first experience with The Graph and why did you choose to participate in The Graph ecosystem?

Maple Nodes team: My first experience with The Graph was when I decided to join Mission Control testnet. A buddy of mine mentioned The Graph and he had sent me the Mission Control signup form. I chose to participate in The Graph ecosystem because I’ve had some experience with chain interoperability in another project, and The Graph’s progress peaked my interest.

Ghostym:

1. Did you participate in the Mission Control testnet? How would you describe the experience?

Maple Nodes team: Yes. It was intense. This was my first testnet so I didn’t know what to expect. Although it was intense and frustrating at times (learning on the fly), the group of indexers and Graph team were always there to help each other out.

Zuni:

1. How many indexers do you currently have in mainnet? Have you thought about adding more indexers in the future?

Maple Nodes team: Currently only 1 indexer with no plans to introduce anymore.

Ghostym:

1. Are you currently participating in the current testnet? (If your answer is yes, tell us what is your favorite part of participating in the testnet)

Maple Nodes team: Yes and no. I have a testnet VM setup and configured, but aside from firing it up and testing out a few new configurations, it remains offline at the moment.

Zuni:

1. How do you stay connected with your delegator community?

Maple Nodes team: Discord and Twitter. I’m always open to chat so prefer Discord DM’s (@aderks#7408), but if there is something significant to announce I will head to Twitter (https://twitter.com/maplenodes)

Ghostym:

1. How many people from your team are participating in The Graph’s community? Can you share their profiles and give us a brief introduction about their background?

Maple Nodes team: I am the only participant in The Graph’s community. A little background on myself is that I’m currently trained and working in the Mining Resource industry where my discipline helps support a diverse Mine Engineering group. With the help of a few close friends, Google and Stack Overflow, I’ve been able to self teach myself everything I know about computers.

Zuni:

1. What are you excited about the future of The Graph?

Maple Nodes team: Aside from everything, I’m mainly excited for more projects to migrate off the hosted service and start to utilize this decentralized network. I haven’t been able to test our limits serving real queries yet, but as projects migrate to this network, this soon will be a reality.

Ghostym:

1. Which blockchain networks are you excited to index for The Graph?

Maple Nodes team: Honestly, all of them, bring it on!

Zuni:

1. Why should delegators choose you?

Maple Nodes team: We seek to provide the best rewards for our Delegators. With a low fee cut and a determined mindset on re-allocations we feel we’re providing a great return for our current Delegators. We’ve also helped support the community by building a dashboard (Graph Indexers) and API/tooling (Maple Nodes | API Documentation).

INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDEXER
Social Networks
Twitter
Wallet address: 0xbfe2a198cb0cdfb50fb03cd932c7387ddb0d25aa

If you want to participate in this segment, follow the next steps:

1 . Ask your questions in this post by leaving a comment
2 . You can review the other comments and see the answers directly from the Indexer
3 . Don’t forget to share this with your friends and colleagues to learn about the exciting ecosystem of The Graph ! :man_astronaut: :stars:

6 Likes