Question Regarding GRT Delegation

Hello,

I have a question regarding some GRT I staked via the Graph Explorer about 6 months ago. I am a bit of a rookie when it comes to this, and I was curious to see how my staked funds were doing.

When I connect my wallet to the Graph network, I receive a message stating I have zero GRT in my wallet, and none has ever been staked. I transferred 1,798.34 GRT back then, and I have the etherscan link that shows the wallet to which the GRT went:

How can I go about figuring out what actually happened to my tokens? Are they just gone now? What could I do or what should I do to prevent something like this from happening in the future?

Thank you!

It looks like from Etherscan that you transferred your tokens to 0xBFCd86e36D947A9103A7D4a95d178A432723d6aD instead of delegating them. I do not think this is recoverable unfortunately. If you were to do any future delegations - here is a detailed guide to delegate - How to stake your tokens with The Graph: The Complete Guide to become a Delegator | by Graphtronauts | Medium