Hey all! We’ve had a good month of November here at StreamingFast. Here are some highlights:
- Shipped version 1 of the Substreams:SQL deployable unit. See the tutorial.
- That followed our first release of the SQL sink and code-generation features to start with an ABI and ship an SQL data model in one swift. See the tutorial here.
- We were present at EthGlobal and had many Substreams-specific submissions for the hackathon!
- Here was the best proposal!
- We shipped Arbitrum, and also backfilled pre-nitro blocks.
- This was done using a new extraction technology that sucks data out of the RPC node instead of instrumenting it.
- This method will allow us to go faster at rolling out new chains, at the expense of richer data.
- We’ve made a few important refactors to the Firehose Core, and stream-lined the way we roll out new chains. Our goal is to accelerate the rollout of new protocols, and of multiple chains of the same protocol.
- You can now upload your Substreams modules to https://substreams.dev using the Upload dialog. (First cut a GitHub release). Please upload everything you have! And notice the new
imagefield of the
packagemanifest section. Adding an image will show up in the registry.
Here are also a few posts we put out:
- Turbocharging the Uniswap v3 subgraph with Substreams
- Unveiling Substreams.dev: A comprehensive hub to discover, build, deploy, and share Substreams
- Tips and Tricks for Developing Substreams
- Substreams.dev is going to get a beautification overhaul.
- We’re also working with different teams to bring the Substreams GUI to the web (The Guild in particular)
- We’ll be hosting The Graph’s 3rd Birthday Anniversary party at our office on December 18th: https://twitter.com/streamingfastio/status/1732157934300250398
- Some good stuff brewing around Bitcoin (yes yes ). To be announced shortly.
- Some captivating work on shipping LLMs to The Graph network. Stay tuned.
- A few other things we’ll inform you in the beginning of the year, after our yearly review and strategic planning for next year.
- Surely, lots of ambitious goals and exciting new technology.
Thanks for your constant support and cheering!
Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!