Missing GRT tokens

There are two transactions involved when you’re taking protocol actions, whether they are delegation, staking or curating.
First you have to approve the transaction on the token contract in order for the staking/curation contracts to be able to spend your balance.
Then you have to take the action to delegate/stake/curate.

You only approved the transaction (first step). You have to do it again with the same amount of tokens (or less) in order to delegate. Keep in mind that if you try to delegate n+1 tokens or more, you’ll have to approve once again.

1 Like

Hi Oliver, I think I am floating in the same boat. I attempted to delegate GRT to P2P-Org.eth Nov. 13th. I received the Approve GRT spend limit indication and my ether balance in my MetaMask account reduced, but there is no indication that my 240 GRT actually were delegated. I tried delegating again, but was informed I ran out of gas. What should fees run for a delegation? I see the process is suggesting well over $100. Thank you.

1 Like

As Payne above explains, there are two transactions involved when you initially delegate. The costs are determined by Ethereum gas fees that are not controlled by The Graph. I would therefore recommend monitoring gas prices to identify low points

1 Like

Dear Oliver,
When I made inquiry, I was away (in Mexico) without access to a computer.
Now we are back in the US.
I see your email reply for which I am both very relieved and very grateful as well.

I went to the suggested page, graphscan.io and found a page with a dizzying amount of information.
However, I did find my delegation (on page 104 of 110).
Can I get to MY little slice of history more directly? Other than bookmarking the specific page, is there another way to find my allocation?

And while I have your attention, what is the unstaking period and how frequently are rewards given?

ARTHUR LEBOWITZ
grampsalot@gmail.com

1 Like

Hi there @tdcarey27, did you manage to solve your issue? We are having the same problems but didn’t get any concrete help so far. Tried to do another delegation and was charged another transaction and still no tokens delegated…

Thanks!

1 Like

Based on other comments/feedback, I should be able to do a second transaction to actually delegate to the indexer I now have a contract with. But the gas prices it too high (0.25 ETH, or about $100), so I’ve avoided doing it because it become cost prohibitive (roughly 35% of my investment in gas?). I think I’m giving up unless/until gas price comes way down.

2 Likes

I agree with you tdcarey27. After multiple attempts to delegate, that only succeeded in relieving my wallet of my gas fees, but not actually delegating any GRT, I have decided to suspend trying. Proposed gas fees on my 3rd attempt were going to run over $120, which would have been close to half of the value what I was going to delegate. Very disappointed in the expense if the process.

1 Like

I’m very new to this and moved about 100 GRT over a couple of weeks ago via Metamask and thought I delegated it but now can’t find any GRT in my account and it doesn’t show that I’m delegating. I’m not even sure how to get the transaction hash and fear that I’ve lost my GRT and I’m out the money. Any tips on how to track that down?

2 Likes

Let me try to respond to some of the common feedback here. Crypto transactions are certainly more complex to perform and we have various guides established that we recommend everyone to read through prior to engaging in the network whenever you are unsure what the exact steps are to follow. For delegation, I would recommend The Graph Academy which has created a dedicated Delegator Hub that walks you through the delegation process.

Also, for anyone who would like to engage in a more timely manner on tech support, I would recommend joining our discord server and connect with someone who can provide support to your specific questions.

Here some feedback on individual questions raised in this thread:

• @IreneB If not already done, you can connect with Protofire directly on our discord server via the link provided above. Ariel is not part of the Protofire team

• @Crua You would have to confirm the second transaction of your initial delegation of 600 GRT to an Indexer (vs starting a whole new delegation again). See The Graph Acadamy’s instructions on that

• @smarsh655 The costs vary and are depending on ETH gas costs which is outside of The Graph’s control. If you ran out of gas, then you would need to add more funds and monitor gas fees to identify a window when gas costs are low. Would agree that $100 is pretty high and recommend waiting for a time when it comes down

• @cryptodoc Copy/paste your wallet address into the search bar on this site. You will then be able to get to your own delegator page directly. We have a 28 day thawing period for unstaking. Rewards payout schedules vary by Indexer and can take up to 28 days per payout.

1 Like

Thank you Oliver. These insights and recommendations are great information. Appreciate it!

2 Likes

I have a similar issue that I tried to delegate (and thought I did) a little under 1,000 GRT after transferring it over from my Metamask wallet and see no record of it on The Graph. I don’t know how to find the transaction information for the delegation but have the transaction hash that I think moves it from my Metamask wallet to The Graph.

0x416b4b09ae6a795f2906a3faab1d2f89feaf0e141a7e76919f6125047860283d

Can someone help me find the transaction info on the Graph? When I log in to may acct (0x7A579fB8BcDccbbC2fe907d97e816dBf7910cAb3) , I see no balance at all and no delegation showing. I’m new and not sure how everything works but hoping someone can help.

Thanks.

2 Likes

The transaction hash shows a different wallet which performed that transaction, you can see the details here: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan

The delegation was successful and also shows the amount you are referring to: Graphscan

You may have thus used a different wallet for this delegation.

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’m a little lost here and may have jumped into this before I really understood it. It looks like I may just be looking at a different wallet on The Graph. The one you linked me to appears to be my MetaMask wallet address. I’m not sure if the 0x7A57… is even mine but guessing I have two on the Graph for some reason. When I connect to The Graph, it looks like my wallet is the 0x7A57 one but I can see the 0x958d one (which matches my Metamask wallet address).

How do I know if both are mine and do I just use the switch wallet option and select Metamask to be able to see that one in The Graph?

Attaching a quick screen shot where it shows one in the upper corner but I can see the Metamask one.

Sorry for the basic questions, just trying to make sure I can see and eventually access my delegated coins.

Thanks so much for your help.

2 Likes

If you have multiple accounts on Metamask, then you can check that by clicking the pie-icon at the top right corner and you can see all your addresses. Note that if you do in fact find that wallet in your Metamask account, then you will not actually see the delegated GRT in Metamask since they are being transferred to The Graph protocol staking smart contract at the time you delegate.

To clarify also: the Graph is NOT creating or maintaining wallets. The Graph simply interacts with your wallet for protocol transactions, such as delegation, curation, etc.

1 Like

I only have one Metamask wallet so I’m not sure where the 0x7a57 address is coming from. When I click on the down arrow at the top right, I don’t see any other wallet options. It says it is the wallet I used to connect to The Graph. Should I just use the switch wallet option in the drop down and connect my metamask wallet? Seems I should but don’t want to mess that up. :slight_smile: Really appreciate your help. Still not sure how this 0x7a57 came to be…

1 Like

I was referring to the Metamask extension app (not The Graph Explorer) and to click that pie-icon on the top right corner there. If you don’t see another account there and are sure you have used Metamask, then I would recommend asking this question in the Metamask community to get more technical support.

1 Like

I figured out what that other wallet is…it’s my Coinbase Wallet, which I don’t think I’ve ever used…just set it up. Oddly, when I try to switch wallets on the Graph and connect via Metsmask, it keeps reconnecting my Coinbase wallet and not my Metamask. I tried disconnecting my wallet and re-adding and tried switching…neither one seems to work to get me to access the one I used to delegate (Metamask). Any other tips to try to get the right one connected?

Again, really appreciate all your help, you’ve been awesome.

2 Likes

Figured it out. Just had to go to the Coinbase wallet extension and disconnect there…then the Metamask linked. Thanks so much for your help, I’m learning. :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oliver - Another person lost in the Wilderness - me. I have reviewed your many support comments in “Missing GRT tokens”. I believe for GRT Staking and delegation that I may be missing the 2nd transaction to complete. Unfortunantly, the transfer transaction from Metamask to TheGraph occurred on 2022-12-05 03:44:47. I had assumed the “Success” from the transfer transaction was complete. The TransHash: 0x1e254cfe3e8f1559a75f1e865d3699407243057d1eacb053bf0c3f99637f120a for transfer of 7876.15088631 GRT shows Success. As shown on ETHPLORER, but I did not check until now using GraphScan which does not find the data. Is there still anyway to complete the transaction and or recover the GRT? I really would appreciate your comments.

RewTwo wimbre@pm.me

It looks like everything is fine with your delegation and you have been generating delegation rewards ever since you completed the transaction in December. Below is the link in Graphscan where you can verify it.

Dapps and protocols typically don’t have the transaction hash being a searchable feature in the UI of their staking websites. In order to find your delegation you would therefore want to use your wallet address to search for your delegation on Graphscan or the official Graph website.

1 Like