Know Your Indexer #3 | Cyfera - BitNordic.com

This week we introduce you on the stage of “Know Your Indexer!” the Cyfera | BitNordic.com team who are always actively helping the community in our different social network.

We invite you to participate in this open “Know Your Indexer!” segment. Ask as many questions as you like to find out who BitNordic is and why they decided to work in The Graph Network.

If you want to participate, follow the next steps:

1. Ask your questions in this post by leaving a comment
2. The second comment will be updated with the “Highlighted Questions” (below this introduction)
3. You can review the other comments and see the answers directly from the Indexer
4. Don’t forget to share this with your friends and colleagues to learn about the exciting ecosystem of The Graph ! :man_astronaut: :stars:

INFORMATION ABOUT THE INDEXER

Visit their website BitNordic.com
Address: 0xd11e05240a50e2eedb03e72d4c9c6465bc05f2a4

Don’t forget to follow BitNordic team on their Twitter

List of indexers who have participated
3 Likes

HIGHLITED QUESTIONS

Ghostym:

1- How did you find out about the graph?

Cyfera:

A colleague of mine has been actively working with The Graph’s service as a developer. He was impressed with the experience and the possibilities it enabled, I soon after checked it out and learned about the path of decentralization The Graph was aiming to achieve. Naturally, it was of high importance for me to get involved when the Mission Control testnet was announced.

Zuni:

2- If you have the opportunity between working on another platform or the graph. Which one would you choose and why?

Cyfera:

I think it’s pretty easy to underline that The Graph is one of the most, if not THE most exciting project, that BitNordic is working with. The possibilities that The Graph is enabling are mind blowing. You can argue that it’s one of the remaining missing parts of the puzzle in fully decentralized applications and ecosystems. The fact that The Graph already announced multichain support sets it apart from the success of one chain. The Graph has positioned itself similarly to how Chainlink did for the oracle market. Very exciting.

Ghostym:

3- How many people are on your team?

Cyfera:

BitNordic is a relatively new company. BitNordic offers a range of services to help you navigate the cutting edge DeFi and staking networks. Currently we are 3 people including me.

Zuni:

4- What’s your technical background?

Cyfera:

I hold a MSc. degree in Software Development & Technology from the IT University of Copenhagen, Denmark. I have worked as a software engineer with team management responsibilities for over 14 years. I am fluent in various programming languages such as Java, PHP & Javascript and have deep knowledge of server architecture, security and management. And of course a deep passion for crypto both in ways of the tech but also the political and monetary aspects.

Ghostym:

5- what was his first experience with The Graph and what convinced him to try to do something like this ?

Cyfera:

First hands-on experience with The Graph was the Mission Control testnet. I acted as both an Indexer and a Curator. The Graph is probably the most comprehensive and most time consuming project that I have participated in. Very rewarding though, when you finally achieve the understanding of all the aspects and see all the different parts coming together. The Mission Control phase was very important for me to get into all the details involved with all from server composition to cost models for queries.

Zuni:

6- What is your focus about participating in the network?

Cyfera:

In the beginning it’s first of all defining all processes and securing a high level of reliability and professionalism. With time the goal is to become a go-to indexer for delegators when looking for a professional, compliant and reliable indexer, while serving high quality queries for the network consumers.

Ghostym:

7- What features of The Graph can you stand out that make a difference in the blockchain ecosystem?

Cyfera:

I do not believe there is ANY other project even coming close to the concept and mission of The Graph. It’s really a quite inspiring mission we have set out to accomplish. Naturally, the decentralized aspect of accessing data from blockchain networks with the power of its own economy and curation, combined with the possibility for any participant to deploy subgraphs, become a curator, indexer, consumer or simply a delegator - it is set out to be one hell of a ride.

Zuni:

8- Why should delegators choose you?

Cyfera:

BitNordic is a company that delivers rewards every time on any chain that we support. We have a 100% success rate with rewards and currently have an APY of more than 10-11% with The Graph - it differs with the market participation and network issuance. We have a focus on not being too aggressive on offering low fees, we also want to be here tomorrow to serve you and we do not want to increase the fee cut rate without warning. The network is still in its infancy and we want to be prepared when it gets tougher.

We only have a history of lowering fee cuts and not increasing them. As more delegators join it may continue this way.

Ghostym:

9- Can you explain a bit of what your daily work as an indexer looks like?

Cyfera:

Monitoring all systems and servers, checking that we have query traffic coming through without errors or faulty channel messages. Securing the redundant Full Archive ETH NODE servers are operational, seeing that there are no alerts from any systems involved. And every 14-28 days closing and opening allocations to secure rewards for delegators. It will most likely be more intense when real query traffic will be flowing our way.

2 Likes

Thanks for having me! If there are any other questions feel free to ask them here!

1 Like